Lecturer in Television and Cross Media Culture
Faculty of Humanities – Department of Media Studies
- 10 juli 2018
- €2,640 to €4,852 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 19 augustus 2018
- 19 hours per week
The Faculty of Humanities offers the opportunity of a lectureship for recent graduates. We offer the opportunity to teach in a dynamic academic environment in which new didactic methods are developed and where you will receive support for further career development. The Media and Information and New Media programs are taught in English.
You will be supervised closely during the first year of your appointment. Additional didactical training can also be part of the appointment. Based on your educational portfolio, previously acquired competences will be taken into consideration.
We expect that our new colleague will be a strong team player in the field of Media and Culture, within themes and subjects such as audio-visual analysis of television, cross-media culture and film, cultural theory, media history, global media studies, and/or genre theory. S/he is acquainted with current theoretical and critical approaches in media studies and the humanities and is able to define her/his position in present-day disciplinary developments. Candidates are expected to have obtained their PhD.
- preparing and carrying out of education at BA and MA level;
- supervising and coaching of students;
- supervision of student assignments and papers;
- contributing to the evaluation and design of education.
- Relevant PhD degree, or working on a PhD (close to defending);
- capacity to work in multi-disciplinary teams in the field of Media and Culture;
- several years of teaching experience at the university level, on BA and MA level in more than one programme of study in the humanities;
- demonstrable didactic abilities and/or training, evidenced by an educational portfolio;
- organisational experience and skills;
- reliable team worker;
- thorough knowledge of English; non-native Dutch speakers are requested to achieve competency in Dutch within two years.
Research skills are preferred.
There will be a position for 19 hours a week. The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of two years (starting 1 September 2018 until 31 August 2020). The gross monthly salary will range from €2.640 (scale 10) to €4.852 (scale 11), based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week).The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
Applications should include a full academic CV and letter of motivation. Please submit your complete application no later than 19 August 2018 using the link below.
The job interviews and trial lectures take place on Tuesday 28 August and Thursday 30 August 2018.
The date of appointment depends on whether the employment conditions can be arranged in time but we aim for 1 September 2018 as the starting date. #LI-DNP
No agencies please