Business Administration (MSc)
The MSc in Business Administration is the gateway for ambitious students with an entrepreneurial, global mind-set to an international career in business. You will gain a deep understanding of management in one of the seven tracks you can choose from. You will be challenged to solve real-life cases presented by our corporate partners.
About this Master
How should business respond to the opportunities of new technology, digital marketing and globalisation? Why are some start-ups successful in developing new products and markets while others are not? How do multinationals respond to global challenges while doing business across the world? Which business models will be successful in the age of digital business?
To solve complex business issues like these you need both some specialist knowledge and the ability to understand and collaborate with other disciplines. This master offers you the possibility to:
- Specialize within one of these disciplines by choosing one out of seven tracks;
- Customise your programme by choosing two out of 25 electives in the Business Lab (such as Online Marketing, Branding for Start-ups, Business Negotiations, Globalisation and Offshoring, or Strategy and Sustainability);
- Prepare for your career with real-world case studies from our corporate partners such as Philips, Unilever, VodafoneZiggo, guest lectures from prominent professionals and academics, and professional skills;
One Master programme, seven tracks
The Master's in Business Administration allows you to choose a top-level academic specialisation track in one of the following disciplines. For more information about the specialisation tracks see the separate track programmes:
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Leadership and Management
- International Management
- Entrepreneurship and Management in the Creative Industries
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Digital Business
You will kick off your studies with ‘UvA in Carré’, a series of inspirational seminars featuring prominent speakers from leading companies such as Ahold Delhaize, Unilever, Vodafone Ziggo, Google and l'Oréal.
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Business Administration and the title Master of Science (MSc).
Rankings and reputation
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) has an excellent reputation, with an international focus and many highly reputable researchers and lecturers. Read more about our rankings and reputation.
- MSc Business Administration
- Regulier onderwijs
- 60 EC, 12 maanden
- Februari, september